Enjoy 30% off select life science products with free shipping and giveaways with promo code: RESEARCH30 Offer ends October 2, 2020.
FastGro Synthetic, chemically defined FBS replacement, animal free
FastGro allows culturing cells in vitro without the use of serum and without any animal or human derived compound. FastGro is a fully defined additive, avoiding the need for serum, for a wide range of cell culture practices. Since FastGro is chemically defined it avoids lot-to-lot variations. All components in FastGro are highly purified and identified chemical compounds.
Culturing cells in a FastGro enriched medium represents a number of benefits as compared to conventional FBS enriched media.
- Due to its chemically defined nature there are no lot-to-lot variations. This skips the need for testing new batches of serum.
- There is no interference of unknown serum compounds in your research.
- Since it doesn't contain hormones nor cytokines it doesn't bias your research data.
- FastGro is safe to use since it does not contain animal or human derived materials.
- It can be stored in the refrigerator. No need for thawing before use.
FastGro is easy to use:
Just add FastGro to your culture medium as you do with FBS (usually 10%). To shift from FBS containing media to FastGro containing medium we advise to follow the step-by-step weaning of the cells.
Examples of cells which have successfully been cultured on FastGro enriched medium:
- Liver epithelial cells
- Primary human hepatocytes
- HEP G2
- Human keratinocytes
Cell culture media supplement
Unless specified otherwise, MP Biomedical's products are for research or further manufacturing use only, not for direct human use. For more information, please contact our customer service department.
|Application Notes||Cell culture media supplement|
|Base Catalog Number||2640049|
|Solubility||Soluble in water|