Myco-Sniff-Valid Mycoplasma PCR Detection Kit is a highly sensitive, specific and rapid method for the detection of mycoplasmas contamination in cell cultures. It contains a set of primers which are specific for the highly conserved mycoplasma 16S-rRNA coding region including M. pneumoniae, M. hyorhinis, M. fermentans, M. orale and A. laidlawii. The detection can be performed within 3 hours and as low as 10 CFU/ml.
An exogenous internal control is provided with the Myco-Sniff-Valid Mycoplasma PCR Detection Kit to distinguish negative reactions resulting from the absence of mycoplasma contamination from PCR inhibition. The primer sets are used to amplify the internal control and target DNA, which are differentiated by size. A positive control sample verifies the effectiveness of template DNA and confirms the size of PCR products for positive samples. 8-methoxypsoralen (8-MOP) is also included to prevent cross-contamination by PCR products from previous experiments.
Each kit contains 48 PCR lyophilized tubes for 20 µL reactions.
- Highly sensitive: The detection limit is as low as 10 CFU/mL
- Reliable: Meets European Pharmacopoeia Guidance and Regulation. This test is suitable for product release testing and in-process control. It can replace culture and indicator cell tests
- Fast: Replaces traditional culture testing with 3 hours PCR test
- Wide detection range: Detects common cell culture-infecting species of mycoplasma and also other various species of mycoplasma
- Easy to use: Contains premixed components for the PCR reaction. Just add template DNA or samples
- Highly specific: No interference of animal or bacterial DNA
- Exogenous internal control: Helps differentiate false negatives due to PCR inhibition or erroneous PCR testes
- Sample control: Easily verify the effectiveness of template gDNA by checking the amplification of the sample control DNA
Unless specified otherwise, MP Biomedical's products are for research or further manufacturing use only, not for direct human use. For more information, please contact our customer service department.
|Base Catalog Number||3050301|
|Components||Each kit contains 48 PCR lyophilized tubes for 20 µL reactions. Myco-Sniff Valid Mycoplasma PCR Premix: blue colored pellets in PCR strips for 48 tests, control DNA: colorless and transparent liquid, DNase/RNase free water (D.W.)|
|Pack Size||1 Kit|
|Usage Statement||Unless specified otherwise, MP Biomedical's products are for research or further manufacturing use only, not for direct human use. For more information, please contact our customer service department.|