Myco-Sniff Mycoplasma PCR Detection Kit has been demonstrated to be a highly sensitive, specific and rapid method for the detection of mycoplasma contamination in cell cultures. This kit greatly simplifies testing and detection of mycoplasma contamination in cell cultures with results in less than 3 hours. After PCR, the presence of contaminating mycoplasma can be easily and sensitively detected by simply verifying the bands of amplified DNA fragments after gel electrophoresis.
Myco-Sniff Mycoplasma PCR Detection Kit can be used to detect a broader range of mycoplasma species compared to other commercially available PCR-based mycoplasma detection kits. The unique and specific primer sets used in the kit were designed from DNA sequences that code for highly conserved 16S rRNA from relevant mycoplasma species, thus preventing amplification of DNA from other sources. The high sensitivity of the kit allows for the detection of as little as 20 CFU/mL.
An exogenous internal control is provided with the Myco-Sniff Mycoplasma PCR Detection Kit to distinguish negative reactions resulting from the absence of mycoplasma contamination from PCR inhibition. The primer sets included in the kit are used to amplify the internal control and target DNA, which are differentiated by size. Furthermore, a positive control sample is provided with this kit to verify the effectiveness of template DNA and confirm the size of PCR products for positive samples. 8-methoxypsoralen (8-MOP) is also included in this kit to prevent cross-contamination by PCR products from previous experiments.
Each kit contains 48 PCR lyophilized tubes for 20 µL reactions.
- Highly sensitive: The detection limit is as low as 20 CFU/mL
- Wide detection range of mycoplasma: Detect mycoplasma from over 8 genera, including 209 individual species
- Premixed for ease-of-use: The kit contains all the components for the PCR reaction. Just add template DNA or samples
- Highly specific: No interference of animal or bacterial DNA
- Fast: Detection can be achieved within 3 hours
- Elimination of cross-contamination: 8-MOP prevents cross-contamination from previous PCR products
- Exogenous internal control: Helps differentiate false negatives due to PCR inhibition or erroneous PCR tests
- Sample control: Easily verify the effectiveness of template gDNA by checking the amplification of the sample control DNA
Unless specified otherwise, MP Biomedical's products are for research or further manufacturing use only, not for direct human use. For more information, please contact our customer service department.
|Base Catalog Number||3050201|
|Components||Each kit contains 48 PCR lyophilized tubes for 20 µL reactions. Myco-Sniff Valid Mycoplasma PCR Premix: blue colored pellets in PCR strips for 48 tests, control DNA: colorless and transparent liquid, DNase/RNase free water (D.W.)|
|Pack Size||1 Kit|
|Usage Statement||Unless specified otherwise, MP Biomedical's products are for research or further manufacturing use only, not for direct human use. For more information, please contact our customer service department.|