Metal Lysing Matrix Tubes
Grind, lyse and homogenize your most resistant samples
Constructed from 308 grade stainless steel, Metal Lysing Matrix tubes are strong enough to stand up to the most demanding mechanical punishment that can cause traditional thermoplastic tubes to crack. A Teflon O-ring prevents leakage and can be cleaned with detergent, autoclaved, or replaced entirely between use.
- Dry grinding of very tough or hard samples in which generated heat can damage plastic tubes
- Cryogenic dry grinding where severe cold temperatures can damage plastic tubes
- Milling or grinding non-biological samples where plastic contamination is of concern
- Sample processing with solvents or chemicals that are incompatible with plastics
Research Areas and Sample Types
- Environmental and Agriculture - tough seeds such as dried corn, soybeans, wheat, tomato, and chile; wood, bark, roots; animal claws and hooves
- Forensics - bone, teeth, hair, fingernails, non-biological substrates
- Cancer and Disease - tough tissues, bone, cartilage, skin
- Industrial - non-biological, rocks and minerals, plastics and composites, printed circuit boards, wood and building materials
Replacement O-rings for metal lysing tube, 2 ml, 50 Each
Replacement teflon o-ring used in the cap of a SS Lysing Matrix tube to provide a leak-proof closure.