Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective Date: [1/1/2020]
Last Reviewed on: [1/1/2020]
Information We Collect
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device ("personal information"). In particular, MP Biomedicals, LLC, website, www.mpbio.com (“Website”), has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|Section||What can you find there?|
|What information MP Biomedicals collects||MP Biomedicals collects information directly from you for your registration, payment, transactions, and user profile. We also automatically collect from you your usage information, cookies and similar technologies, and device information, subject, where necessary, to your consent. MP Biomedicals may also collect User Personal Information from third parties. We only collect the minimum amount of personal information necessary from you, unless you choose to provide more.|
|What information MP Biomedicals does not collect||We don’t knowingly collect information from children under 13, and we don’t collect Sensitive Personal Information.|
|How MP Biomedicals uses your information||In this section, we describe the ways in which we use your information, including to provide you the Service, to communicate with you, for security purposes, and to improve our Service. We also describe the legal basis upon which we process your information, where legally required.|
|How we share the information we collect||We may share your information with third parties under one of the following circumstances: with your consent, with our service providers, for security purposes, to comply with our legal obligations, or when there is a change of control or sale of corporate entities or business units. We do not sell your personal information and we do not host advertising on MP Biomedicals.|
|How you can access and control the information we collect||We provide ways for you to access, alter, or delete your personal information.|
|How MP Biomedicals secures your information||We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal information on MP Biomedicals and to protect the resilience of our servers.|
|MP Biomedicals's global privacy practices||We provide a high standard of privacy protection to all our users around the world.|
|How we communicate with you||We communicate with you by email. You can control the way we contact you in your account settings, or by contacting us.|
|Contacting MP Biomedicals||Please feel free to contact us if you have questions about our Privacy Statement.|
What information MP Biomedicals collects
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.Here are the types of personal information we collect:
Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to MP Biomedicals. This includes but is not limited the following:
- identifying information such as your name, address and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- content of reviews and e-mails to us;
Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of MP Biomedicals including information about your interaction with content and services available through MP Biomedicals. Like many websites, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses MP Biomedicals and other content served by or on behalf of MP Biomedicals on other websites. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, e-mail address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- MP Biomedicals’ metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application, information about uploaded images and files such as the file name, dates, times and location of your images);
- purchase and content use history;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
- images or videos when you shop in our stores, or stores using MP Biomedicals
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
What information MP Biomedicals does not collect
We don’t knowingly collect information from children under 13, and we don’t collect Sensitive Personal Information.
How MP Biomedicals uses your information
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
Provide, troubleshoot, and improve MP Biomedicals. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the MP Biomedicals.
Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with MP Biomedicals.
Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws.
Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to MP Biomedicals via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, MP Biomedicals, and others.
How we share the information we collect
We may share your information with third parties under one of the following circumstances: with your consent, with our service providers, for security purposes, to comply with our legal obligations, or when there is a change of control or sale of corporate entities or business units. We do not sell your personal information and we do not host advertising on MP Biomedicals.
How you can access and control the information we collect
You have the right to request MP Biomedicals for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers. However, if you do not accept our cookies, you may not be able to use all functionalities of your browser software or our website.
In order to change your cookie preferences, click here.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Saving your shopping cart
- Providing product recommendations
- Custom user interfaces
- Retaining customer address and payment information
How MP Biomedicals secures your information
We use appropriate technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect the information collected through this website. Unfortunately, no organization can guarantee the absolute security of information, especially information transmitted over the internet.
MP Biomedicals's global privacy practices
We provide a high standard of privacy protection to all our users around the world. Please visit our policy policy page for more information.
How we communicate with you
We communicate with you by email. You can control the way we contact you in your account settings, or by contacting us.
Contacting MP Biomedicals
Please feel free to contact us if you have questions about our Privacy Statement.
Personal Information Does Not Include
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
MP Biomedicals LLC obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
Use of Personal Information
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of MP Biomedicals assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by MP Biomedicals about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
MP Biomedicals will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
MP Biomedicals LLC may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Data aggregators.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
[Category A: Identifiers.]
[Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.]
[Category D: Commercial information.]
[Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.]
[Category G: Geolocation data.]
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Data aggregators
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has not sold personal information of yours.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that MP Biomedicals LLC disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that MP Biomedicals LLC delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
For instructions on exercising sale opt-out rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Other California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at:
Address: 9 Goddard, Irvine CA, 92618
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
MP Biomedicals LLC reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Email: [email protected]
Postal Address: 9 Goddard, Irvine CA, 92618
MP Biomedicals LLC